Monday, August 31, 2009

and then a crummy one

So after feeling pretty good about my first long run yesterday I had a big bumer of a tempo run today. I thought this week's would be better than last week, which was awesome, but that definitely was not the case. I went right after work and my legs just felt kind of heavy and my goal pace, which is usually comfortable, felt like sprinting. I got in the two tempo mile runs and then just hit the wall. I was tired, my breathing was heavy, and my left shin was really starting to hurt. I started the two mile cool down and decided to just listen to my body and cut it short. So instead of doing 6 miles with 2 at tempo pace I did 4.5 with 2 at tempo pace. I'm a little bummed about it but am trying not to dwell on it or let it stress me out. Like all the other bloggers say, some runs are great and some are not. I think in the future I should not run my tempo and long runs on consecutive days as these are the two hardest runs of the week. Live and learn, I suppose.

As a side note, my eating has been okay, but not great. Right now, I am stuffed from making dinner and nibbling while doing so but I would still love to go stuff my face with ziti and garlic bread. Recognizing a problem is the first step to solving it, right? I'll take that.

No comments: