- YTD: 139.70
2. Do 50 consecutive pushups. (C'mon, tiny, ineffectual arms!)
- YTD: 4
3. Cook one new meal a week.
- Hoppin' John- It was pretty good and I got John to eat black eyed peas!
- Almond-Sage Crusted Cranberry Stuffed Turkey Breast- It looked gorgeous and John and Megan loved it! I liked everything about it but the texture of the stuffing was a little mushy for me and the turkey was a bit thick and moist. I think most people would love it, I just am weird and like really, really dry meat. It definitely tasted like Thanksgiving in January!
- Vanessa's Peach Cobbler- The way John was going on about this I thought the secret ingredient was going to be crack. Turns out it was just one pound of butter. I made half a pan for him and half a pan to take to work for Amy's birthday and everyone agreed it was amazing! V's tip was to use Smart Balance and Splenda in place of the butter and sugar and it was still delicious and totally sinful. Will definitely be making this again and will try it with different fruits as well.
- Meatball Soup- this was awesome! It had a great flavor. I added some shredded cheddar o top and it tasted just like a cheeseburger in a soup form. Delish!
- Cherry Cheesecake Tartlets-I love Ashlee's cooking blog and these definitely don't disappoint. Cheesecake is John's favorite dessert but it is so heavy and time-consuming to make on a regular basis. These little gems are the perfect solution. So easy and so delicious!
- Quick Italian Soup- from the Tom Thumb coupon book. Yum!
- Chicken Cheddar Rice- from the Tom Thumb coupon book. Again, really good but not very filling.
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies- These are so good! Mine came out kind of blobby and fluffy but they were delicious! They also tasted surprisingly light for having as much butter and peanut butter as they do.
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches- used a seasoning packet and the crock pot...yum! We also had tons of leftovers which was awesome.
- Weight Watchers Turkey Chili- I used ground beef b/c we didn't have any ground turkey and it was surprisingly not as good!
2009 was a great year and I have nothing but great expectations for 2010. We've been looking forward to this year forever (in 5 months I will call the hubs nothing but Dr. John) and I can't believe it is finally here. We rang it in with good fun and great friends and I am looking forward to another 365 days of happiness!